Monday, October 6, 2014

Kathmandu

October 1st to October 3rd

I MADE IT TO KATHMANDU!

Overview of Katmandu from the Monkey Temple

So in short, I left my place in Lisbon October 1st at 6h30 am and arrived in Kathmandu the following day at 15h35. From the airport I went strait to the Excel Hotel situated in the Thamel area of Kathmandu.

No need to say that after travelling and waiting for so long, Kathmandu was an awakening of all my senses! Really exciting place for which I will need to set some time to explore a little bit more.  

Thamel, Kathmandu

During my short stay Nepalese celebrated the end of one of their most important festival, the Dashain. This is a 15-day-long national festival celebrated by Nepalese people throughout the globe.This festival is also known for its emphasis on the family gatherings, as well as on a renewal of community ties. People return from all parts of the world, as well as different parts of the country, to celebrate together. All government offices, educational institutions and other offices remain closed during the festival period.

Later on I meet 2 staff of Projects Abroad and other volunteers who like me, were about to embark on a fantastic journey... 


Here are some photos of the Monkey Temple we visited the second day....

Monkey Temple, Kathmandu


One of the many inhabitants of the Monkey Temple
Buddhist monks observing the tourists....
Overview of Kathmandu from the Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment