Saturday, March 29, 2014

YOU CAN HELP!

In order to make this project happen, I set up a little Fundraising Campaign. 
You can help simply by clicking here.



THE BIG PICTURE

I need your support to make this project happen.

To make what happen?
Me volunteering and contributing to the enhancement and preservation of the biodiversity of the Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) along with aiding social development in the nearby villages.

Yes in deed, my voluntary participation requires a considerable investment (Budget details are posted on this blog).

This is a great project providing me with the opportunity to put into practice my skills and knowledge, contribute to a better understanding of these fragile ecosystems (my passion) and ultimately, experience Nepal, which had been on hold since my 2001 accident and recurring health issues.

You can find more about the project directly on Projects Abroad website or by exploring this blog.


WANT MORE FOR YOUR MONEY...

For those who know me, this project might not appears surprising considering the important place mountains occupies in my life. I am still today, not able to identify what is, in mountains, that magnetizes me. Pure, simple and majestic beauty!

What you don't know, is that I had plan this project as a gift to myself upon my 40th birthday (January 2013) and the completion of my second master degree. However, recurring health problems, extended hospitalizations and the associated costs and complications have this project on hold.
Today, I am ready to rock & roll but what is left in my wallet is not sufficient...

Since my 2001 accident, life have rewarded me with enumerable amazing surprises and encounters. I am sincerely grateful for that. On the other hand, I have had invested a great deal in building myself a new life from scratch as a result of my traumatic brain injury related consequences. Acquiring new skills and regaining health and ultimately autonomy, was not a peace of cake, neither cheap ($75K of medical and associated fees).  

However, the joy from the realization of every single achievement remain priceless.

Finally, a few years ago I embarked on a personal quest constituting of filling the missing puzzles of my life by revisiting where, what and who belonged to my previous life, before my brain injury. Throughout this process, I ended up losing myself while searching for who I was. Past was never to be found. However, present is, and remains no matter what.


I love this quote:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, which is why we call it the present" William Aloysius Keane

Today, I know who I am and believe I can make a difference by providing this project with my contribution.  I am also conscious of the amazing journey I am bout to embark on. Join me on my blog to explore, exchange and laugh.

Whatever form, color or shape of support you would like to contribute towards the realization of my project, is great, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment