Sunday, April 6, 2014

VACCINES

I thought that with age I would get used to needles. No, in fact, I believe I have developed needle phobia!

Well, this is part of the game... and it is not over yet... 




This is my 2000 vaccination card in preparation for a previous volunteering project in Guinée Conakry, Africa. Where I developed and conducted a Remote Sensing training program for foresters to help monitor and preserve the much coveted natural resources of the Badiar National Park... 

Believe it or not, this immunization card covers all the recommended vaccines for a prolonged stay in remote Nepal. What I forgot to verify was, how long does immunity last after getting each of these vaccines?

Opinions differ among professionals and between countries. Here is a summary of the recommended vaccines and their immunity related duration.


(1) just completed a Serology in order to determine if my levels of antibody remain sufficient. Results will indicate if Booster Shots of Hepatitis A and B are needed

The same day I received the Typhoid Fever and Meningitis Vaccines (one on each shoulder). The shots where not painful, really. However, due to soreness in both shoulders, I was not able to sleep on my side side for 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment